T 418 545-4580
F 418 549-9590
190 rue Racine Est, Suite 300
Saguenay, Québec G7H 1R9
T 418 545-4580
F 418 549-9590
Hotline: 581 543-2637
A native of the region, Me Charles Brassard joined the Saguenay commercial and corporate law team in 2011. He holds a master's degree in corporate law and a bachelor's degree in law from Université Laval. During his academic career, Me Brassard was awarded the Jacques-Deslauriers Scholarship for his master's degree essay on dispute resolution in the financial sector.
A member of the Quebec Bar since 2008, Me Brassard specializes in business law, namely in commercial law, corporate law, real estate law and mergers and acquisitions. He also works with a clientele composed of non-profit organizations and paragovernmental administrations.
Recognized for his professionalism, his reliability, and his commitment, Me Brassard is always readily available for his clients and colleagues. An excellent negotiator, he finds it essential to work as a team to obtain better results. Close to his clients, Me Brassard meets with them and follows up on their cases regularly.
Mindful of the importance of maintaining a link between the education of law and legal practice, Me Brassard gives lectures on the various legal forms of business as well as information workshops for entrepreneurs in the start-up or expansion phase. He has also published Le règlement de différends dans le secteur financier au Canada et au Québec : le cas de l'OSBI et de l'AMF in the Revue du notariat.
Involved in several companies and organizations as a member of the board of directors, Me Brassard also frequently participates in regional networking activities to keep in touch with his community.
Assistant: Jennifer Perron
- Business law (banking law, commercial law, corporate law, real estate law (sale, acquisition, and leasing), mergers and acquisitions, nonprofit organizations, intellectual property)
- Real estate law
- Transactional law
- Master’s in business law, Université Laval (2010)
- LL.B., Université Laval (2006)
- Cain Lamarre, Saguenay (2011 to present)
- Groupe La Québécoise, legal advisor, Quebec City (2010 to 2011)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Conferences and workshops on the different legal forms of a business given to entrepreneurs in the startup or expansion phase, organized by the Université du Québec à Chicoutimi’s center for entrepreneurship and spinoffs and by Forgescom (2014 to 2021)
- Understand the legal and tax aspects of a transfer of business, conferences for sales entrepreneurs and their succession, organized by the Centre de transfert d'entreprise du Québec (2013 to 2015)
- “Dispute Settlement in the Field of Finance in Canada and Quebec: The Case of OSBI And AMF”, published in Revue du notariat (2010) / Part of the publication was also published in the Bulletin de droit économique du Centre d’Études en Droit Économique (CÉDÉ) of the Université Laval
- Research professional with professors Marc Lacoursière and Serge Kablan, Université Laval (2009 to 2011)
Associations, committees, boards
- Member of the board of directors, Centre l’Escale de Jonquière (2021 to present)
- Member of the board of directors, Société des Fabricants Régionaux (2018 and 2019)
- Member of the Board of the Society of Regional Manufacturers (2018 to present)
- Member, board of directors, Jeune chambre de commerce du Saguenay (previously)
- Member, board of directors, Productions Caravane Films (Saguenay International Short Film Festival) (previously)
- Member, board of directors, Fondation Campagne des 500 jours (previously)
- Recipient of the Jacques-Deslauriers Scholarship in business succession law (2009)