T 819 825-4153
F 819 825-9769
Hotline: 873 381-2052
Originally from Montreal, Me Geneviève Apollon chose to practice law in Val-d'Or. Admitted to the Quebec Bar in 2010, Me Apollon specializes in personal and family law as well as in professional law.
Me Apollon holds a master's degree in common law and transnational law as well as a bachelor's degree in law from the Université de Sherbrooke. She also obtained a bachelor's degree in political science from McGill University.
Her rich professional background has led her to work in immigration law, criminal law, and youth protection. At the Val-d'Or office, Me Apollon specializes in youth protection with a clientele mainly from First Nations communities. Her attentiveness and her understanding of the issues have enabled Me Apollon to successfully handle many complex and sensitive cases.
Deeply involved in her community, Me Apollon was a member of the board of directors of the Centre de formation Jean-Paul-Lemay. She was also a member of the Montreal Lawyers’ Mutual Aid Association and the Port-au-Prince Bar Liaison Committee. She has also been involved not only on the Board of Directors, but also as a volunteer for the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul. Finally, Me Apollon has also volunteered for the Bonneau Home, and is a member of the Justice Committee of the Abitibi Bar Association and the Nunavik Justice System.
- Personal and family law (youth protection)
- Professional law
- Master’s in common law and transnational law, Université de Sherbrooke (2009)
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke (2008)
- B.A. in Political Science, McGill University (2004)
- Cain Lamarre, Val-d'Or (2015 to present)
- Geneviève Apollon avocate, Montreal
- Aide juridique de l'Abitibi-Témiscamingue, Val-d'Or and Rouyn-Noranda
- Batshaw Youth and Family Centres, Montreal
Associations, committees, boards
- Member, board of directors, Centre de formation Jean-Paul-Lemay
- Member, Montreal Advocates' Mutual Assistance Association
- Member, Quebec Bar–Port-au-Prince Bar liaison committee
- Board member and volunteer, Society of Saint-Vincent de Paul, Ahuntsic-Cartierville