T 514 393-4580
F 514 393-9590
630 boul. René-Lévesque Ouest, Suite 2780
Montréal, Québec H3B 1S6
T 514 393-4580 | F 514 393-9590
Hotline: 438 943-2052
Iara Griffith practices business and real estate law. She holds a Bachelor of Law from the Université du Québec à Montréal, as well as a graduate diploma in legal translation from McGill University. Ms. Griffith is particularly interested in new technologies, the protection of personal information, and privacy law.
Ms. Griffith brings a wordsmith’s eye for detail to her work, be it in drafting, revising, or translating complex contracts, such as specialized service agreements, SaaS agreements and share or asset purchase agreements. She also helps carrying out due diligence for major transactions. Her training in legal translation and jurilinguistics, combined with her attention to detail, accuracy, and clarity, allows her to facilitate access to the law for her clients.
Ms. Griffith values teamwork and efficient communication. She is a careful and diligent listener whose aim is always to offer the best solution that fits both a client’s needs and reality.
A trained jazz vocalist, Ms. Griffith is also interested in painting, neuroscience, and gastronomy. She truly believes that if everyone is presumed to know the law, the law must be clear. Of course, access to justice is very important to her.
Assistant: Nathalie Lebreton
- Business Law (commercial law, corporate law, information technology law, corporate financing, mergers and acquisitions, governance, intellectual property)
- Real Estate Law (condominium law, property law, leasing law, financing and mortgages, legal hypothecs, sales and acquisitions)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Translation, McGill University, Montreal (in progress)
- LL.B., Université du Québec à Montréal, Montreal (2018)
- Cain Lamarre, articling student, Montreal (2020 to 2021)
- UQAM, Assistant legal corrector, Montreal (2019)
- Cain Lamarre, legal assistant, Montréal (2019)
- Bureau de syndic de la Chambre des notaires, assistant, Montreal (2017 to 2018)
- Great-West, legal assistant, Montreal (2015 à 2018)
- Participation in the Laskin moot court competition, in English (2018)