Expertise : real estate law | business law | transactional law
T 514 393-4580
F 514 393-9590
630 boul. René-Lévesque Ouest, Suite 2780
Montréal, Québec H3B 1S6
T 514 393-4580
F 514 393-9590
Hotline: 514 787-3238
A true asset to the Montreal office, Me Mélanie Ruiz-Pardo has a rich academic background. She holds a Bachelor of Law degree from the University of Bordeaux in France and attended the Hague Academy of International Law in the Netherlands. She then obtained civil and commercial arbitration accreditation from the University of Sherbrooke and completed a master's degree in business law at the University of Montreal. She also holds a Quebec Bar equivalent from the same university.
During her studies, Me Ruiz-Pardo was already recognized for her professional qualities. Indeed, she received a Graduate and Postdoctoral Excellence Scholarship in 2018 as well as an AquiMOB scholarship as part of an international exchange in 2014. In addition, she has participated in the Legal Clinic at the University of Bordeaux as well as the Student Legal Review at the University of Montreal. Her Master's thesis dealt with the social responsibility of Canadian multinational corporations in the early days of the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA).
In her spare time, Me Ruiz-Pardo is a very committed person. She has served on the Board of Directors of the Garage Légal, a non-profit organization offering free legal advice to entrepreneurs and small businesses in Quebec. She is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals, a member of the Ordre des administrateurs agréés du Québec and an arbitrator with the Institut de médiation et d'arbitrage du Québec and an arbitrator recognized by the Quebec Bar.
Me Ruiz-Pardo has developed an expertise in real estate law, particularly in financing and mortgages. She also works in transactional, business, and commercial law and is a member of our Real Estate Group.
Reliable, professional, and hard-working, Me Ruiz-Pardo does not shy away from pushing her own goals. Exceeding one's goals is more than a philosophy: it is her passion. Therefore, it is not surprising that she is constantly seeking to improve the way she works. Rigour and diligence are other professional traits that she is known for. In her spare time, Ms. Ruiz-Pardo enjoys writing on various subjects.
Assistant: Diane Proulx
- Real estate law (financing and mortgages)
- Business law (corporate law)
- Transactional law
- Equivalence by the Barreau du Québec, Université de Montréal (2020)
- Master’s degree in Business Law, Université de Montréal (2020)
- Accredited civil and commercial arbitrator, Université de Sherbrooke (2017)
- The Hague Academy of International Law, Pays-Bas (2017)
- LL.B., Université de Bordeaux, France (2015)
- Student legal journal, Université de Montréal (2020)
- Legal Clinic, Université de Bordeaux, France (2015)
- United Nations, Federal Public Service Foreign Affairs, (2013)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Master’s Thesis in Business Law: The social responsibility of Canadian multinationals in light of the Comprehensive Economic Trade Agreement, Université de Montréal, Montreal (2020)
Associations, committees, boards
- Member, board of directors, Garage Légal (mandate for 2022-2023)
- Ordre des administrateurs agréés du Québec (2022)
- Arbitrator, Institut de médiation et d'arbitrage du Québec (2022)
- Arbitrator recognized by the Barreau du Québec (2022)
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals (2021)
- Recipient of the AquiMOB international mobility grant (2014)
- Recipient of the Excellence Scholarship for Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (2018)