Expertise : labor and employment law
T 418 545-4580
F 418 549-9590
190 rue Racine Est, Suite 300
Saguenay, Québec G7H 1R9
T 418 545-4580 | F 418 549-9590
Hotline: 581 543-2690
Since 2010, Me Raphaël Tremblay has been devoting his practice to the field he is passionate about: labour and employment law. His clientele, from both the private and public sectors (band councils, health and social services, education, municipalities, and early childhood centers), is very diversified. He is always attentive to his clients’ concerns and needs. He advises them in various areas: labour relations (whether collective or individual), labour standards, certification, occupational health and safety, human rights and freedoms, and pay equity.
In addition to representing employers before various judicial and administrative bodies, he acts as an employer representative and strategic advisor in the negotiation of collective agreements. While he favours reasoned negotiation, confrontation does not frighten him in the least if the circumstances warrant it.
Without a doubt, his listening skills and understanding of the issues help him to adopt an innovative approach and to propose clever solutions. Moreover, his humanism allows him to go beyond the rigid framework of legal practice. Me Tremblay knows how to adapt to any circumstance, while having a fair and uncompromising opinion of each legal situation.
When he isn’t keeping a close eye on his files, this hunting and fishing enthusiast likes to go snowmobiling or do manual work, such as renovations. He is also president of CORAMH, an organization whose mission is to raise awareness and educate the public about hereditary diseases and the genetic determinants.
Assistant: Jeanne D'Arc Perron
- Labor and employment law (competition and duty of loyalty, federal labor law, human rights, pay equity, pay equity, collective bargaining, collective labor relations, individual labor relations)
- LL.B., Université Laval (2009)
- Cain Lamarre, Saguenay (2010 to present)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- “Accommodement raisonnable : une notion invoquée à toutes les sauces,” a presentation for the Cain Lamarre seminar on labor and employment (2016)
- Criminal charges against an employee: wait or investigate?, article published in Le Point en santé et services sociaux, Vol. 12, No. 1 (2015)
- What Is “Reasonable Cause?” A presentation for the Cain Lamarre, Seminar on Labor and Employment (2015)
- Trainer for Association provinciale des constructeurs d'habitation du Québec (APCHQ) (2013)
- Psychological Harassment in the Workplace: Presentation to Ministère des Transports employees as part of Occupational Health and Safety Week (2013)
- Occupational Health and Safety Negligence Can Be Fatal: Presentation to Ministère des Transports employees as part of Occupational Health and Safety Week (2013)
Associations, committees, boards
- President, Corporation de recherche et d'action sur les maladies héréditaires (CORAMH)