T 514 393-4580
F 514 393-9590
Hotline: 514 787-3239
Me Roxanne Tremblay is a member of the Bar since 2020 and practices environmental and municipal law. She holds a Bachelor of Law degree from Université de Sherbrooke. She also obtained a microprogram diploma in environmental mediation from the University training center for environment and sustainable development.
Having studied law with the goal of advocating for a fairer society, particularly in terms of environmental protection, Me Tremblay is on the Dean's list of the Université de Sherbrooke 2017-2018 and has earned a mention of distinction from the Centre québécois du droit de l'environnement. Throughout her academic journey, she has developed a great deal of practical and theoretical knowledge related to environmental law in Quebec.
With great rigor and a strong sense of initiative, Me Tremblay likes to get out of her comfort zone and invest herself fully in the projects she undertakes. She is a great listener and demonstrates strong empathy. Having her clients' interests at heart, Me Tremblay is particularly interested in sharing her legal knowledge.
In addition, Me Tremblay has great interest in all matters of political and environmental nature. Convinced that it is essential to get involved in causes that promote social progress, environmental protection and access to justice are the causes that Me Tremblay wishes to address and actively get involved.
Assistant: Louise Larose
- Environmental law
- Municipal law
- Circular economy
- Microprogram in environmental mediation, Centre universitaire de formation en environnement et développement durable, Université de Sherbrooke (2020)
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke (2018)
- Bar internship at the House of Commons, Ottawa (2019)
- Clinical activities, Centre québécois du droit de l’environnement (2017)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
Teaching assistant :
- Environment law : Centre universitaire de formation en environnement et développement durable, Université de Sherbrooke
- Protection of the environment and sustainable development: Law Faculty, Université de Sherbrooke
Environmental Law :
Article in Développements récents en droit de l’environnement of the Barreau du Québec (2021):
- Protection of biodiversity: from the Convention on Biological Diversity to the development of new protected areas in Quebec.
Various training provided for the Conseil Patronal de l’Environnement du Québec (CPEQ) :
- Professional ethics and good conduct in environmental matters;
- Environmental emergencies.
Circular economy conference, Synergie Estrie (2022) :
- The 10 commandments of circular economy.
Municipal Law :
Various training in municipal and environmental law provided for the Fédération québécoise des municipalités (FQM) :
- Municipal financial management;
- Ethical behavior;
- The transitional system for management of floodplains, banks and coastlines.
Training provided for the Association des directeurs municipaux du Québec (ADMQ) :
- Environmental negligence, what can the municipality do?
Training provided to the Union des municipalités du Québec (UMQ) :
- Ethics and good conduct
Associations, committees, boards
- Member of the Board of Directors, Environnement Jeunesse (2020 to 2022)
- Treasurer, Conference of the Association de la maîtrise des étudiants en environnement (2019 to 2020)
- Intern Québec Sans Frontières with Oxfam Québec (2016 to 2017)
- President, Committee Droit Vert l’Avenir, Université de Sherbrooke (2016 to 2017)
- Member of Pro Bono Students Canada, Université de Sherbrooke (2015 to 2016)
- Merit list of the Dean, Université de Sherbrooke (2017 to 2018)
- Honorable mention, Centre québécois du droit de l’environnement (2017)