T 819 825-4153
F 819 825-9769
Hotline: 873 381-3770
A member of the Quebec Bar since 2014 and holder of a bachelor’s degree in law from Université Laval, Me Amélie Dion is also currently studying for a certificate in Indigenous Studies at the Université du Québec en Abitibi Témiscamingue, as well as a Juris Doctor in North American Common Law from the Université de Montréal.
Having begun her career in the fields of family law and youth protection, Me Dion has honed her sense of repartee and has acquired the confidence and ease that allow her to speak, present, and argue in public with poise.
Since joining Cain Lamarre, Me Dion has focused her practice on Indigenous and business law, particularly in mining law, the negotiation of impact and benefit agreements, the drafting of partnership agreements between non-Indigenous and Indigenous businesses, and the drafting and review of shareholders’ agreements. Finally, she complements her practice by working on intellectual property files, namely copyrights and trademarks.
Since maintaining good and genuine relationships with her clients is essential to her, Me Dion is not afraid to go on the road to meet her clients in their communities as well as in Québec and Ontario’s major centres, to participate in business meetings, mining conferences, or social fundraising activities.
In her spare time, Me Dion devotes her time to her family and to her passions, namely writing, visual arts and discovering and tasting fine craft beers. She also makes sure to be involved in her community, being a member of the board of directors of the Alzheimer Society of the Vallée de l’Or, as well as a member of the executive board of the Rotary Club of Val-d’Or.
Assistant: Marie-Ève Gibson
- Aboriginal and constitutional law (impacts and benefits agreements, First Nation governance, litigation, negotiation of treaties and other constitutional agreements, partnership agreements between Indigenous and non-Indigenous businesses)
- Business law (commercial law, corporate law, mining, energy, and natural resources law, governance, intellectual property, securities)
- LL.B., Université Laval (2012)
- Cain Lamarre, Val-d'Or (2016 to present)
- Cliche Matte Jolicoeur, Val-d'Or
Associations, committees, boards
- Member, executive board, Club Rotary de Val-d’Or
- Member, board of directors, Festival Art’Danse de l’Abitibi-Témiscamingue
- Member of the Abitibi-Témiscamingue Junior Bar Association social affairs subcommittee