Expertise : business law | transactional law
T 819 780-1515
F 819 780-1341
455 rue King Ouest, Suite 300
Sherbrooke, Québec J1H 6E9
T 819 780-1515
F 819 780-1341
Hotline: 873 389-5085
Me Andrée-Ann Thomas joined the corporate and transactional law team of the Sherbrooke office in 2021. Her clientele is mainly composed of small and medium-sized business executives whom she assists daily. Her mandates cover all the major stages in the life of a business: from incorporation to sale, including mergers, tax reorganizations and shareholders’ agreements.
A native of Estrie, Me Thomas holds a bachelor’s degree in law and a master’s degree in life sciences and law from Université de Sherbrooke. She has been a member of the Quebec Bar since 2017 and has been practicing business law and taxation ever since.
Within the framework of her practice, Me Thomas uses her knowledge of science to advise her clientele, which includes dental, veterinary, medical and physiotherapy professionals. She also assists entrepreneurs in various sectors such as construction, real estate, agri-food and information technology.
A former high-level athlete, Me Thomas knows how to push her limits, manage pressure and work as a team to serve her clients’ interests. She is accustomed to collaborating with various stakeholders in the business world such as tax specialists, accountants, notaries, and financial institution representatives.
With the well-being of her clients at heart, Me Thomas strives to explain the legal issues related to their files so that they can make informed decisions. She also listens to their particular needs in order to offer them solutions adapted to their reality. Prioritizing a global vision, Me Thomas does not limit herself to the legal considerations of her mandates and tries to keep in mind the practical and human issues that affect her clients. Whether you are already in business or wish to be, do not hesitate to contact her!
Assistant: Guylaine Breton
- Business law (commercial law, corporate law )
- Transactional law
- LL.B. with specialized pathway in life sciences, Université de Sherbrooke (2015)
- Masters in biology with specialized pathway in life sciences and law, Université de Sherbrooke (2015)
- Summer school in international law, Université de Sherbrooke (2015)
- Cain Lamarre, Sherbrooke (since 2021)
- Fiscalliance, Sherbrooke (2018 to 2021)
- Bélanger Massicotte, avocats et fiscalistes (2016 to 2018)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- "Demystifying shareholder agreements", speaker at the Magog Technopole, Magog (2022)
- "Shareholder agreements - How to protect yourself", speaker at Journée pour elles, Agricultrices de l'Estrie, Cookshire (2022)
- “Buying and Selling a Dental Office, The Importance of a Good Team”, speaker at the Dinner-conference exclusive to dentists, Magog (2019)
- Recipient of the Sanofi Canada scholarship for best master’s thesis, Université de Sherbrooke (2015)
- Award for third best factum of the Charles Rousseau Moot Court Competition in International Law, Université de Sherbrooke (2014)