T 514 393-4580
F 514 393-9590
Hotline: 514 787-3481
Catherine Béland has recognized expertise in the development of condominiums, which she puts to good use with real estate promoters by accompanying them in their development projects. She regularly provides legal advice and opinions to syndicates of co-owners and drafts building by-laws and amendments to declarations of co-ownership.
Catherine Béland is a lecturer at Université de Sherbrooke’s graduate studies in notarial law where she teaches co-ownership law. Lecturer, trainer and author of various works, Catherine Béland is very involved in transmitting her specialized knowledge within the legal community. She was also a member of the working group on the reform of the Chambre des notaires du Québec’s co-ownership law of in 2019.
Her dynamism, her skills and her strong sense of customer service are qualities that make her a reference point in the field. She received the CREW Montreal 2017 Étoile montante Award which recognizes women under 40 with less than 10 years of experience who stand out for their initiative within their company and the real estate industry. She now sits on the organization’s Board of Directors.
A 2019 graduate of the Défi 100 jours l’effet A, an initiative that aims to propel women’s professional commitment and leadership, Catherine continues to develop her full potential. She is also a member of the Quebec Urban Development Institute (IDU). Furthermore, every year she raises funds and participates in a cause that she holds close to her heart, the CHU Ste-Justine Foundation.
At Cain Lamarre, she is responsible for the national notarial practice group as well as recruitment in Montreal.
Assistant: Linda Durand
- Real estate law (condominium law)
- Notary services (dismembership of ownership, real estate transactions)
- Head, professional committee on notary services
- Master’s in law, Université de Montréal (2007)
- Diploma in Notarial Law, Université de Montréal (2005)
- LL.B., Université du Québec à Montréal (2004)
- Cain Lamarre, Montreal (2015 to present)
- De Grandpré Joli-Cœur, Montreal
- LPVG notaires, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Co-author, “La copropriété” published by LexisNexis
- Speaker, 2016 Cain Lamarre Condominium Conference
- Panelist at conference: “The legal considerations for mixed-use buildings: The Declaration of Co-ownership" hosted by Crew M (2015)
- “Condominium due diligence: What you need to know,” a presentation given at professional development workshops hosted by Chambre des notaires du Québec (2013)
- Guest speaker and Co-author of “Achat d’un appartement en copropriété : les vérifications diligentes” an article published in développements récents en droit de la copropriété divise (2013)
- Presentations on condominium law at Salon Habitat Ville et Banlieue, Salon de la Copropriété, and Club d’investisseurs immobiliers du Québec
- Author, “Copropriété divise” and “Copropriété indivise”, articles published by JurisClasseur Québec
Associations, committees, boards
- Member, CREW M
- Notarial Merit Award (2021)
- Lauréate du prix « Étoile montante » de Crew M (2017)