Expertise : labor and employment law
T 418 522-4580
F 418 529-9590
500 Grande Allée Est, Suite 1
Québec, Québec G1R 2J7
T 418 522-4580 | F 418 529-9590
Hotline: 367 777-0726
Me Cécile Fradette has made labor and employment law her specialty. She advises and represents employers in matters relating to labour relations and occupational health and safety issues.
Having obtained a bachelor of law degree from Université Laval in 2016, Me Fradette is on the Honour Roll of her cohort, among the 20 graduates with the highest average. Called to the Quebec Bar in 2017, Me Fradette began her career in the Quebec City office of Cain Lamarre, where she has been practicing ever since.
Her ability to manage stress and her determination allow Me Fradette to successfully complete major files, and many of them at the same time, sometimes with very tight deadlines. Recognized for her efficiency, Me Fradette also solves her mandates with charisma and enthusiasm. Her clients also appreciate her ability to listen and her sense of communication. With her, they always know where they stand, but Me Fradette also knows how to reassure them and offer solutions to their problems.
Curious by nature, Me Fradette has, among other things, taken an interest in the reform of the Labour Standards Act in 2018 and, in 2020, in issues related to telework. She also works in various sectors of activity, including agri-food, service companies, municipalities and the wood industry.
Active and dynamic, Me Fradette is involved both professionally and personally. She is a member of the Public Affairs Committee of the Jeune Barreau de Québec and of the Board of Directors of the Sainte-Foy-Sillery Tennis Association. A great sportswoman, she practices tennis, downhill and cross-country skiing.
Assistant: Julie Godin
- Labor and employment law
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke (2016)
- Cain Lamarre, Val-d'Or (2017 to present)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Labor relations when teleworking (2020)
- Adapting to a new reality: labor relations in the context of teleworking (Colloque travail et emploi 2020)
- Criminal liability of the employer and its representatives in matters of occupational health and safety (2019)
- The status of employees from a personnel placement agency at the client company (2019)
- Scope and application of management rights in labor relations (2019)
- Management of an OHS case (2018)
- Reform of the Act respecting labour standards: Are you ready? (2018)
- Corporate criminal liability under the Environment Quality Act (2017)
- Legal aspects of occupational health and safety - Health and safety: your responsibility (due diligence) (2017)
Associations, committees, boards
- Member, Public Affairs Committee of the Jeune Barreau de Québec
- Member, Board of Directors of the Sainte-Foy-Sillery Tennis Association
- Secretary, board of directors, Club Carrefour tennis de Val-d’Or
- Membre du Comité de formation du Jeune Barreau de l’Abitibi-Témiscamingue