T 418 723-3302
F 418 722-6939
2 rue Saint-Germain Est, Suite 400
Rimouski, Québec G5L 8T7
T 418 723-3302 | F 418 722-6939
Hotline: 581 824-7289
Lawyer and managing partner of Bas-Saint-Laurent, Me Eric Monfette practices mainly in the fields of commercial and corporate law, corporate financing, banking law and bankruptcy and insolvency.
As such, he represents several companies, financiers, investors and entrepreneurs in transactions relating to the purchase or sale of businesses, mergers and reorganizations of various types of companies. He also handles financing mandates with various public and private lenders. In addition, he represents several financial institutions in recovery and security enforcement proceedings.
He brings his expertise to bear in the fields of commerce, financial services, construction, real estate, and manufacturing. In addition, he has handled several files related to the wind energy field.
Very involved in his community, Me Monfette is involved in many ways, notably with the TELUS Community Board and the Board of Directors of the Fondation de l'Université du Québec à Rimouski (UQAR). Previously, he was also Chairman of the Board of Directors of Moisson Rimouski-Neigette.
His personalized approach and guidance as well as the speed of his services make him a reliable and efficient professional capable of completing important mandates within tight deadlines.
Assistant: Stéphanie Pineault
- Business law (agriculture and agrifood law, banking law, commercial law, corporate law, construction law, cooperative law, franchise law, fisheries law, real estate law (sale, acquisition, and leasing), bankruptcy and insolvency, trusts, corporate financing, mergers and acquisitions, nonprofit organizations)
- Transactional law
- M.B.A., Université Laval (2002)
- LL.B., Université Laval (1996)
- Certificate in Communications and Public Relations, Université Laval (1993)
- Cain Lamarre, Rimouski (1999 to present)
- Pothier Delisle, Quebec City
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Lecturer, communications and public relations, Université Laval
Associations, committees, boards
- Member of the TELUS Community Board
- Member, board of directors, Fondation de l'Université du Québec à Rimouski (UQAR) (previously)
- Former chairman, board of directors, Moisson Rimouski-Neigette (previously)
- Former member, board of directors, Centre de santé et de services sociaux (CSSS) de Rimouski-Neigette (previously)
- Former member, board of directors, Théâtre du Bic (previously)
- Former chairman, board of directors, Rimouski Junior Chamber of Commerce (previously)
- Former vice chairman, board of directors, Rimouski Chamber of Commerce Former member, board of directors, Interdisciplinary Centre for the Development of Ocean Mapping (CIDCO) (previously)
- Former member, “Commerce and Service” Sectoral Table, Centre local de développement Rimouski-Neigette (previously)
- Awarded the 2008 Young Professional Award by the Rimouski Young Chamber of Commerce
- Lower St. Lawrence Junior Bar Association Award (2005)
- Honor Roll, Université Laval Faculty of Administration Sciences