33 avenue Horne, Suite 200
Rouyn-Noranda, Québec J9X 4S1
T 819 797-5222
F 819 762-6810
Hotline: 873 379-2055
Me Francis Vallières is originally from the Témiscamingue region. Member of the Quebec Bar since 2010, he has been part of the Rouyn-Noranda team since 2020.
After completing a bachelor’s degree in law at Université de Montréal and a master’s degree in taxation at HEC Montréal, Me Vallières worked for ten years in a major accounting firm.
Passionate about taxation, Me Vallières focuses his practice on the taxation of private companies and their shareholders. He assists businesspeople in their reorganization or business acquisition transactions. He also practices in tax and estate planning and post-mortem, asset management and philanthropy taxation. As a privileged business advisor to companies, Me Vallières rigorously coordinates his mandates, particularly with business lawyers and accountants. His friendliness and talent for communication allow him to initiate a pleasant and efficient collaboration.
With a keen sense of business and extensive experience in an accounting firm, Me Vallières offers sound and valuable advice.
Me Vallières is actively involved in the activities of the Rouyn-Noranda Chamber of Commerce as well as in several events for the benefit of non-profit organizations, notably as a volunteer for the Osisko en lumières festival and the Fête d’hiver of Rouyn-Noranda.
Interested in art and philanthropy, Me Vallières also brings his contribution and expertise as treasurer of the MA, art museum since 2016.
Assistant: Maryse Lacroix
- Taxation (transaction taxes, tax, financial, and estate planning, tax reorganizations)
- LL.M. (Tax), HEC Montréal (2011)
- LL.B. Université de Montréal (2009)
- Deloitte, S.E.N.C.R.L. (2010 to 2020)
- Bélanger Barrette, avocats (2008 to 2009)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Publication: Reform of the Mining Rights Regime in Quebec – APFF Journal vol. 32, no 2 (2012)
- Lectures: Tax course in start-up businesses for the STP, École Polymétier of Rouyn-Noranda (repeated annually)
Associations, committees, boards
- Member of the APFF and FCF
- Administrator (treasurer) of the Art Museum, Rouyn-Noranda (since 2016)
- Master’s Academic Excellence Awards, HEC Montréal (2011)
- Academic Excellence Awards for student essays, APFF (2011)