T 418 545-4580
F 418 549-9590
190 rue Racine Est, Suite 300
Saguenay, Québec G7H 1R9
T 418 545-4580 | F 418 549-9590
Hotline: 581 543-2694
Born in N-D de la Doré, a village of Lac-Saint-Jean, Me Gaétan Boivin's practice focuses on commercial and business law, financing, reorganizations, stand stills, and trusts. In addition, car dealerships is a field in which Me Boivin is particularly familiar. He holds a law degree (1973) and a diploma in notarial law from the University of Ottawa (1974), as well as a master's degree in taxation from the Université de Sherbrooke (1977). Me Boivin also taught a course to a group of young farmers in 1985.
Me Boivin stands out for the special relationship he builds with his clients and the trust he inspires. He is dedicated to offering a highly personalized service. Indeed, he does not hesitate to visit his clients' premises on a regular basis. He considers that moving several people from the same company is more disruptive, allowing him to visit the premises and meet with employees. Often surprised by his simplicity and friendliness, many of Me Boivin's clients have expressed their satisfaction and appreciation.
Strongly involved in his community, Me Boivin is a member of the Board of Directors of the Fondation de l'Université du Québec à Chicoutimi (FUQAC) and Vice-President; member of the FUQAC's fund distribution committee and member of the investment committee; member of the Board of Directors of the Institut scientifique du Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean (FUQAC); member of the Board of Directors of the Light Metals Institute (FUQAC); member of the Board of Directors of the Pierre and Gisèle Laberge Foundation; member of the board of directors of the TIMI Foundation; member of the board of directors of the Corporation d'aide du Pavillon sportif (UQAC) (previously); he was also a member of the board of directors of the Club Optimiste de Chicoutimi, the Chambre de Commerce de Chicoutimi, and the Académie de Ballet du Saguenay, as well as president of the Station de ski le Valinouët for a few years, member of the original board of directors when the ski station was created and has been involved in other non-profit organizations.
Approachable and reassuring, the experience acquired over the years and the great competence that Me Boivin exercises in his practice are without a doubt the reasons why his clients trust him completely.
When Me Boivin is not dealing with his files, he is interested in aviation in general. This thrill-seeker has flown hang-gliders and even made a few parachute jumps. Moreover, remote-controlled aeromodelling is an activity that has followed him since his childhood. In his free time, he absorbs himself in reading and music. His passion: discovering a new musical artist and sharing it with his friends and clients. “Carpe diem” is Me Boivin's motto and all causes related to injustices are those that he holds dearest to his heart.
Assistant : Simone Dionne
- Business law
- Real estate law
- Notary services
- M. Fisc., Université de Sherbrooke
- Diploma in notarial law, Université d'Ottawa
- LL.L., University of Ottawa
Associations, committees, boards
- Member of the Board of directors, Fondation de l'Université du Québec à Chicoutimi (FUQAC) and Vice-president
- Member of the committee, Comité de distribution des fonds de la FUQAC
- Member of the investment committee
- Member of the Board of directors, Institut scientifique du Saguenay-Lac St-Jean (FUQAC)
- Member of the Board of directors, Institut des métaux légers (FUQAC)
- Member of the Board of directors, Fondation Pierre et Gisèle Laberge
- Member of the Board of directors, Fondation TIMI
- Former member of the Board of directors, Corporation d'aide du Pavillon Sportif (UQAC)
- Former member of the Board of directors, Club Optimiste de Chicoutimi (previously)
- Former member of the Board of directors, Chambre de Commerce de Chicoutimi (previously)
- Former member, Académie de Ballet du Saguenay (previously)
- President for a few years of the Station de ski le Valinouët
- Former member of the Board of directors when the Station was created (previously)