Expertise : transportation law
T 418 522-4580
F 418 529-9590
500 Grande Allée Est, Suite 1
Québec, Québec G1R 2J7
T 418 522-4580 | F 418 529-9590
Hotline: 367 777-0751
Me Jean-Sébastien Tremblay-Mimeault holds a Bachelor of Law degree and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the Université de Sherbrooke. He joined the firm in 2016 after completing his internship.
Me Tremblay-Mimeault practices mainly in the field of transportation law, where he makes representations before the Commission des transports du Québec, among others. During his practice, he has developed a specialized expertise in regulatory compliance, contract drafting, dispute resolution and solid skills in negotiating statutory penal infractions. In addition, he has played a key role in the implementation of a service aimed at taking charge of the management of a carrier's conduct file, the heavy vehicle owner and operator file, which allows his clients to devote more time to their operations.
Deeply involved in the transportation industry, Me Tremblay-Mimeault regularly participates in the publication of legal columns in various specialized magazines and is involved in the Quebec Trucking Association. Co-author of the volume L'encadrement légal du transport routier par véhicules lourds au Québec, he also leads conferences and training sessions in transportation law.
Constantly seeking to improve his practice and the quality of his service, Me Tremblay-Mimeault is known for his ability to quickly take on his clients' mandates, for his sense of organization and for getting to the bottom of things. At trial, his clients are assured that nothing will ever be left to chance.
Assistant: Charline Pineault
- Transportation law (contracts of carriage, license applications, rail transport law, road transport law, criminal offences in and outside Québec, obligations of owners, operators, and drivers of heavy vehicles, , representation before criminal and civil courts, civil and contractual liability, international transport treaties, interprovincial and international transport)
- M.B.A., Université de Sherbrooke (2015)
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke (2015)
- Cain Lamarre, Quebec City (2016 to present)
- Commission des normes du travail, Quebec City
- Clinique juridique Juripop de l'Estrie, Sherbrooke
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Conferences and various trainings in transport law
- Co-author of the volume “L’encadrement légal du transport routier par véhicules lourds au Québec” (Legal framework for road transport by heavy vehicles in Quebec) edited by Publications CCH
- Publication in various specialized journals related to transport
- Recipient of the Richard-Crépeau Scholarship from the Université de Sherbrooke Faculty of Law