T 418 723-3302
F 418 722-6939
2 rue Saint-Germain Est, Suite 400
Rimouski, Québec G5L 8T7
T 418 723-3302
F 418 722-6939
Hotline: 514 787-3472
Member of the Quebec Bar since 2012, Me Joanie Poirier grew up in the Gaspé Peninsula. After collegial studies in Rimouski and university in Quebec City, Me Poirier decided to move to Montreal where she began her professional career. Attracted by the firm’s influence throughout all regions of Quebec, she quickly carved out a place for herself at Cain Lamarre.
Known for her listening and conciliatory skills, Me Poirier focuses on discussion rather than confrontation in order to offer her clients sound advice based on solid experience in criminal and professional law as well as in litigation.
Sociable and supportive, Me Poirier places a great deal of importance on team spirit. She knows how to surround herself with the best to face the challenges of the mandates she manages with composure. Close to her clients, she is attentive to their needs and available to meet their expectations. It is important for her to keep in touch, visit them and discuss with them regularly. She is also strongly dedicated to make the court experience as pleasant as possible.
During her practice, Me Poirier always provides accurate information. The transparency and precision of her comments ensure that she respects the various stakeholders. A natural leader, she believes in good strategy and schedule to carry out her clients' interests.
Highly involved socially, Me Poirier donates her time to causes such as the social and economic integration of women in the labour market. Since 2015, she has been a member of the Board of Directors of Petites-Mains, whose mission is to enable immigrant women or women in difficulty to achieve financial independence and break their isolation.
A music lover, Me Poirier is very interested in the cultural scene, humor and theater. She regularly attends theaters and is a member of the Théâtre du Nouveau Monde's young ambassadors as a member of the Comité des Jeunes Premiers of TNM.
Assistant: Jessica Mattioli
- Professional law
- Penal law
- Litigation (insurance, remedies of all types, extraordinary remedies, civil liability)
- Agricultural and agri-food law
- LL.B.,Université Laval (2010)
- Cain Lamarre, Montreal (2014 to present)
- Greenspoon Bellemare, Montreal
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Training on investigative techniques and on the disclosure of evidence in the illegal practice of the profession and theft of title (2016 to 2020)
- Contributor to “Guide Pratique du transfert de ferme,” a practical guide to farm transfers published by Cain Lamarre (2015)
- Contributor to the talk “A step-by-step guide to putting together a construction file” given at the Canadian Institute’s Construction Superconference
- Contributor to the talk “Preparing for the worst: how to respond to high risk incidents” given at the forum on labor relations in construction law organized by Insight Information
Associations, committees, boards
- Member, Jeunes Premiers du Théâtre du Nouveau Monde (since 2018)
- Secretary of the board of directors, Petites Mains (since 2018)
- Member, board of directors,Petites Mains (since 2015)
- Member, Information Technology Committee, Young Bar Association of Montreal (previously)
- Former member, board of directors, Chic Choc, Les Soirées de Montréal (previously)
- Former member, Information Technology Committee (ITC), Young Bar of Montreal