T 819 825-4153
F 819 825-9769
Hotline: 873 381-2058
Me Maël Dorval holds a law degree (LL.L.) from the University of Ottawa and was admitted to the Quebec Bar in 2022. He is currently a member of the Val-d’Or Labour and Employment Group. Born and raised in Val-d’Or, Me Dorval returned to the region after completing his studies, driven by a strong attachment to Abitibi-Témiscamingue and an in-depth knowledge of local affairs. Me Dorval is a young and ambitious legal professional with a thirst for knowledge. Along with developing an expertise in labour and employment law, Me Dorval also has a keen interest in health law, particularly in ethical and institutional care matters.
Easy to approach and dynamic, Me Dorval demonstrates professionalism and thoroughness to meet the demands and expectations of his clients. Indeed, Me Dorval can quickly establish relationships and interact with others, which is why he has an extensive network of contacts he has maintained over the years. Me Dorval plans to continue to develop his interpersonal relationships with his community to establish a solid clientele and eventually become a reference in the field of labour and employment law.
Me Dorval is an exceptional team player who works closely with clients to ensure the growth and development of projects over time. Known for his thorough communication and follow-up to ensure that his files progress smoothly, Me Dorval’s clients trust him implicitly. His generosity, positive attitude, and willingness to help others are just a few of the qualities that make Me Dorval stand out. He firmly believes that active listening and empathy are crucial for meeting his clients’ expectations. Without a doubt, his integrity and reliability have earned Me Dorval the trust and respect of his clients.
Considering physical activity as essential to maintain a healthy life balance, both for the body and the mind, Me Dorval is constantly discovering new passions to train and surpass himself.
Assistant: Jasmine Rondeau
- Labor and employment law (competition and duty of loyalty, human rights and freedoms, occupational health and safety funding, collective bargaining, collective labor relation, individual labor relation, occupational health and safety)
- Health law (ethics, care, and institutional care)
- LL.L., University of Ottawa (2021)
- Diploma of College Studies in Human Sciences, Cégep de l'Abitibi-Témiscamingue (2018)
- Cain Lamarre, articling student, Val-d'Or (2022)
- Cain Lamarre, law student, Val-d'Or (2021)
Associations, committees, boards :
- Criminal Law Students' Association, University of Ottawa, member in charge of the organization (2019-2020)
- Criminal Law Students' Association, University of Ottawa, treasurer (2020-2021)
- Dean’s list, Civil Law Section, University of Ottawa (2020)