T 418 679-1331
F 418 679-9344
1067 boul. du Sacré-Coeur
Saint-Félicien, Québec G8K 1R3
T 418 679-1331
F 418 679-9344
Hotline : 581 218-3280
The daughter of a farmer, Me Marie-Noël Gagnon grew up on a dairy farm. She spent several summers helping with the harvests. In other words, she is not afraid of heavy workloads.
Me Gagnon is known for her dynamic communication skills and her vast experience in municipal law, agricultural law and administrative law. Available and generous, Me Gagnon is a structured person who gains confidence through her “strike while the iron is still hot” approach. When she takes on a mandate, she also takes care of her clients' personal concerns.
Member of the Quebec Bar since 1999, Me Gagnon is a very versatile lawyer. She has always been interested in municipal governance, but she also handles various civil law and litigation files. She has also made her mark as an author, teacher and speaker for several associations.
Her knowledge of local issues and municipal legal issues allows her to offer an in-depth service for which she is supported by a team that is present everywhere.
Me Gagnon has dealt, among other things, with files related to the protection or conversion of religious buildings. She has also debated up to the Supreme Court the private or public status of a former colonization route.
With the municipal law team, Me Gagnon regularly offers training to elected officials and municipal officers throughout Quebec. Appreciated in her community, Me Gagnon is a socially committed citizen who listens to others. She is involved in various boards of directors, committees and local community organizations.
President of the Fondation du Cégep de Saint-Félicien, she is also a member of the board of directors of the Fondation du Domaine-du-Roy santé et services sociaux and the Corporation de la Vieille Fromagerie Perron de St-Prime. In 2007, Me Gagnon was the winner of the “Je prends ma place” contest organized by the Secrétariat à la jeunesse du gouvernement du Québec.
Me Gagnon practices classical singing and is interested in horticulture. She supports local development and is mobilized for local health care and access to higher education.
Assistant: Héléna Bergeron
- Municipal law (access to municipal documents, land use and urban planning, municipal jurisdiction and regulatory powers, right of expropriation for public purposes, municipal taxation, functioning of municipal councils, elections, ethics, and professional conduct , contract management, preservation of agricultural land and activities, work relations , extra-contractual liability, remuneration of elected municipal officers)
- Litigation (remedies of all types, extraordinary remedies, civil liability)
- Agricultural and agri-food law
- Environmental Law
- Access, protection of personal information and privacy
- Ethics and deontology advisor, Ministère des Affaires municipales et de l'Occupation du territoire
- LL.B., Université Laval (1998)
- Cain Lamarre, Saint-Félicien (2006 to present)
- Cain Lamarre, Roberval (2003 to 2006)
- Cain Lamarre, Jonquière (2000 to 2003)
- Mario Bouchard et Associés (Alma)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Instructor, land planning legislation and regulations, Cégep de Jonquière
- Various lectures on municipal law to municipal employees and regional associations
- Various training sessions for Fédération québécoise des municipalités and Association des directeurs municipaux du Québec
- Author of several articles on municipal law published in BâtiVert (COMBEQ), Quorum (FQM), and Scribe (ADMQ)
- Articles on psychological harassment in the workplace in the journal Femmes d’ici
Associations, committees, boards
- Vice-president, Corporation de la vieille fromagerie Perron de Saint-Prime
- Former chair, Cégep de Saint-Félicien Foundation
- Former member, board of directors, Domaine-du-Roy santé et services sociaux de Roberval Foundation
- Member, organizing committee, Festival du fromage de Saint-Prime
- Former member, board of directors, Chambre de commerce et d'industrie du secteur Saint-Félicien
- Former chair, Chambre de commerce et d'industrie du secteur Saint-Félicien
- Former member, board of directors, Centraide
- Former chair, Festival du Cowboy, Chambord
- Former member, Kiwanis Club
- Former member, board of directors, Centre québécois de développement durable
- The "Leader of tomorrow" award of the Association des femmes de carrières du comté de Roberval (2006)
- Regional winner of the "I take my place" provincial contest of the Regroupement Action-Jeunesse 02 (2007)