T 514 393-4580
F 514 393-9590
Hotline: 514 787-3492
Mobile: 514 880-6712
With many years of experience and recognized as a leader in Real Estate law, Me Patrice Picard is a lawyer and partner within Cain Lamarre’s Montreal Real Estate Group.
Me Picard’s experience and knowledge enable him to support his clients with success in a variety of Real Estate transactions. He regularly advises on the elaboration of joint ventures and ownership structures for multi-use complex projects. He has also developed thorough expertise in deployment of telecommunication networks and regularly advises enterprises in this sector. Besides investors, promoters, managers, and public corporations, Me Picard also advises key players in the retail industry and various public and private corporation. His clients in the Real Estate industry find in him a knowledgeable advisor who understands the industry and their business issues. Moreover, Me Picard makes no compromise on the quality of his interventions related to his clients’ objectives, which is undoubtedly why he has developed long-standing relationships with most of them.
Assistant: Sylvie Desjardins
- Real estate law (construction law, condominium law, property law, leasing law, financing and mortgages, legal hypothecs, investments and partners, sales and acquisitions)
- Business law (banking law, information technology law, entertainment, arts, and new technologies law, real estate law (sale, acquisition, and leasing), corporate financing)
- Quebec Bar (1992)
- LL.B., Université du Québec à Montréal (1991)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Conference “Cas pratiques en développement à usage mixte: projet Le Beaumont en copropriété divise et projet Humaniti en propriété superficiaire”, Strategic Day on Real Estate and Urban Development - Open Forum, Montreal, September 17, 2018
- Conference “La vérification diligente en droit immobilier: les meilleures pratique “, Real Estate Law – Second Symposium of Les Édition Yvon Blais, Montreal and Quebec, November 2012
- Conference as part of the training program recognized by the Barreau du Québec and specially designed for corporate lawyers - on the legal aspects of a real estate development project, March 2009, March 2010 and May 2011
- Conference “Aspects pratiques d'un projet d'implantation immobilière“, Project Management Institue (PMI), Montreal, January 2009
- Publication “L'utilisation de la copropriété divise ou de la propriété superficiaire pour votre projet de développement immobilier à usage mixte“, Magazine Immobilier Commercial, Volume 11, Number 2, April-May 2018
- Publication “La vérification diligente en droit immobilier : les meilleures pratiques,” La Collection Blais, volume 15-2012, Real Estate Law -Second Symposium, Les Éditions Yvon Blais, p. 115-444
Associations, committees, boards
- Member of the board of directors of the Imperial Cinema Centre Inc.
- Member, Institut de développement urbain du Québec, an institute dedicated to promoting the commercial real estate industry in Quebec
- Voluntary involvement in a real estate development project in Montreal for a non-profit performing arts organization.
- Best Lawyers (2021-2023) - Real estate law, Banking law and Financing