T 514 393-4580
F 514 393-9590
Hotline: 514 787-3486
Admitted to the Quebec Bar in 1973, Me Pierre Gauthier has acquired a solid expertise in administrative and professional law. In particular, he has led the litigation department of a Quebec government department and was, for many years, General Director of the Quebec Bar.
He now draws on his extensive experience with various professional orders, organizations and associations in regulatory, disciplinary and ethical matters and, more specifically, in matters of governance and ethics. Me Gauthier has led the planning, drafting and implementation of policies related to the mission of orders and professional organizations, in addition to advising them on various management, governance and ethical issues.
He is therefore particularly familiar with all the problems, both internal and external, encountered by bodies with regulatory and disciplinary functions. He also offers strategic positioning, legal audit, risk management and dispute management services.
Me Gauthier stands out for his systematic approach to analyzing his clients' problems, identifying the legal, financial and strategic impacts that are specific to them in order to propose solutions adapted to their needs.
Socially involved, Me Gauthier has given many foundations and organizations the benefit of his expertise, notably by sitting on various boards of directors, including that of the Héma-Québec Foundation.
Assistant: Mary Delle Donne
- Administrative law (appeal of government decisions, access to information, professional conduct, ethics, and governance, disciplinary law, professional orders, administrative remedies)
- Professional law
- LL.B., Université Laval (1971)
- Cain Lamarre, Montreal (2005 to present)
- Quebec Bar Association, Montreal
- Ministère des Transports, Quebec City
- Ministère de la Justice, Road Systems, Quebec City
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Teaches Professional Law and Ethics at the École du Barreau du Québec in Montreal
- Teaches Real Estate Law at the École du Barreau du Québec in Québec City
- Various lectures on managing professional corporations for the American Bar Association and the Federation of Law Societies of Canada
- Various lectures on expropriation, real estate law, and professional law
Associations, committees, boards
- Director, Foundation for the Fédération de la massothérapie
- Member, board of directors, Foundation for the Ordre des Acupuncteurs
- Member, Board of Directors, Héma-Québec Foundation
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Centre de réadaptation Lucie-Bruneau
- Former Member, Association des avocates et avocats de province
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Judicial Council
- Former Representative of the Quebec Bar with the Quebec Interprofessional Council
- Former executive director, Quebec City Bar Association
- Former member of every committee of the Quebec Bar Association
- Former director, Ministère des Transports Legal Department
- Former member, Board of Directors, Federation of Law Societies of Canada
Ethics Commissioner :
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board
- Laval School Board
- Rivière-du-Nord School Board
- Des Affluents School Board
- President of the Quebec Bar Association (1984)