T 514 393-4580
F 514 393-9590
Hotline: 514 787-3480
Me Alain Ménard, a lawyer and partner of Cain Lamarre, has been a member of the Quebec Bar since 1979. Me Ménard holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration and is a managing partner in charge of the Taxation Group. He began his career at the federal Department of Justice where he represented the Canada Revenue Agency for several years.
Me Ménard has served as vice-chair of the Commission de la santé et de la sécurité du travail and as president of the Société québécoise de récupération et de recyclage. He has also chaired and served as a member of the board of directors of the Association de planification fiscale et financière (APFF).
Deeply involved in his community, Me Ménard sat on the municipal council of his municipality for several years. He also chaired the local association of a federal political party in his riding.
Known for his delegating skills, Me Ménard enjoys teamwork. For him, it is essential to develop and preserve the expertise within his team. Me Ménard’s long track record has led him to put his experience and skills in tax litigation to work in cases involving public administration (municipal, provincial, and federal), the First Nations community, the banking, university, and agricultural sectors, as well as the commercial, construction, energy, and natural resources sectors.
Me Ménard has an excellent understanding of his clients’ businesses. Quebec entrepreneurship and the quality of public services are subjects that he takes to heart. His extensive background and experience, rigour, judgment, and dedication to hard work are a guarantee of success. Beyond his practice, Me Ménard is a blueberry farmer and operates a blueberry farm. The quality of education and the transmission of knowledge are two matters of particular concern to him.
Assistant: Melanie-Eulalie Despatis
- Taxation (voluntary disclosure, trusts, tax disputes and challenges to notices of assessment)
- Head, professional committee on taxation
- Best Lawyer 2021
- M.B.A, HEC (1985)
- LL.B., University of Ottawa (1978)
- B.A., University of Ottawa (1975)
- Cain Lamarre, Montreal (2004 to present)
- Ménard Mageau Valiquette, Montreal
- Spiegel Sohmer, Montreal
- CEO, Recyc-Québec, Montreal
- Vice President of Services, CSST, Montreal
- Prosecutor, Taxation, Department of Justice Canada
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Various lectures and training sessions on tax law
- Various articles and lectures on tax law
- Instructor, tax law, Montreal Bar School
Associations, committees, boards
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Former member, Cain Lamarre board of directors (previously)
- Former member, Cain Lamarre executive committee (previously)
- Former chair and administrator, board of directors, APFF (Association de planification fiscale et financière) (previously)
- Former municipal councilor, Stanbridge-Est (previously)
- Former administrator, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada (previously)
- Former member, board of directors, Montreal Bar School (previously)
- Former administrator, Notre Théâtre (previously)
- Former member, Revenu Québec Advisory Committee (previously)
- Recognized Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers in Canada