T 514 393-4580
F 514 393-9590
Ligne directe : 438 943-2075
Ariane Trottier is a lawyer specializing in tax litigation and was admitted to the Quebec Bar in 2017. After a certificate in business administration, Me Trottier obtained a Bachelor of law degree from Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM). She then obtained a D.E.S.S. in taxation as well as a Master's degree in law, taxation option, from the École des Hautes Études Commerciales in Montreal. Recognized for her sense of service, Me Trottier has always enjoyed helping people. Available and devoted to her clients but also to her colleagues, she knows that teamwork makes it possible to achieve the best results.
Me Trottier's practice focuses primarily on tax litigation. On a daily basis, she assists individuals and businesses in their disputes with tax authorities at all levels, whether administrative or judicial, provincial or federal. Me Trottier also assists her clients during tax audits in order to prevent potential litigation. In addition, Me Trottier specializes in the field of investment tax credits for scientific research and experimental development (SR&ED), both for representation before the various contestation bodies (tax litigation with the tax authorities, in audit, in opposition or before the courts) and for advice (compliance, consultation).
Curious and always on the lookout for new knowledge in her field to keep her expertise up to date, Me Trottier regularly monitors tax information updates. Her great ability to synthesize information allows her to simplify the most complex concepts in order to help her clients understand the issues. Eager to share her knowledge, Me Trottier is a lecturer in the D.E.S.S. in taxation at UQAM, where she teaches the functioning of the tax administration and the principles governing the relationship between taxpayers and the tax authorities.
Me Trottier loves challenges and never hesitates to take matters into her own hands to bring them to a successful conclusion. Meticulous, she knows that attention to detail can make all the difference in obtaining the desired results.
Me Trottier loves food and travel. The cause of women and inclusion is particularly close to her heart. Ms. Trottier's favorite saying, “Anything worth doing, is worth doing well,” sums up her approach to life, both personally and professionally, and speaks volumes about her care and dedication to serving her clients' best interests.
Assistant: Mélanie-Eulalie Despatis
- Taxation (tax disputes and challenges to assessment notices)
- Administrative Law (access to information)
- Master of Laws, Taxation option, HEC Montreal (2019)
- Specialized Graduate Diploma in Taxation, HEC Montreal (2016)
- École de formation professionnelle of the Quebec Bar, Montreal (2014)
- LL.B, UQAM (2013)
- Business Management Certificate, UQAM (2009)
- Lawyer specialized in tax litigation, De Grandpré Chait s.e.n.c.r.l., Montreal (2017 to 2021)
- Articling student, De Grandpré Chait s.e.n.c.r.l., Montreal (2016 to 2017)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Lecturer for the Specialized Graduate Diploma in Taxation, UQAM (2020 to today)
Associations, committees, boards
- Collaborator with the committee of the Flash Fiscal, Association de planification fiscale et financière (APFF), Montreal (2017 to 2019)