Expertise : labor and employment law
T 418 522-4580
F 418 529-9590
500 Grande Allée Est, Suite 1
Québec, Québec G1R 2J7
T 418 522-4580
F 418 529-9590
Hotline: 418 780-4848
Me Sylvain Chabot, partner, B.A., CRIA, has been a member of the Bar since 1998 and is listed in the Best Lawyers in Canada 2021 directory. He practices in labour and employment law and his clientele is composed exclusively of employers. He advises them in matters of collective and individual labour relations, labour standards, industrial accidents and occupational diseases, occupational health and safety, human rights and freedoms, as well as administrative law.
He frequently represents his clients before the Administrative Labour Tribunal and the civil and arbitration courts. He also assists them in unionization campaigns, certification applications and collective agreement negotiations. His main sectors of activity are manufacturing, public administration (municipal, provincial and federal), agriculture and agri-food, energy and natural resources, and transportation.
Over the course of his career, he has been called upon to give numerous conferences and to teach at the École du Barreau du Québec. He is a member of the Ordre des conseillers et conseillers en ressources humaines, of the liaison committee between the Quebec Bar and the Conference of Arbitrators, as well as a member of the board of directors and executive of Cain Lamarre. He has also been involved in various other committees, boards, and foundations in the past.
Having more than one skill set, Me Chabot knows how to distinguish himself with his clients thanks to his excellent communication skills. He likes to be close to his clients in order to understand their issues and to share with them a strategic vision adapted to their legal reality. His in-depth knowledge of plants, workstations and their environment, as well as the diversified work environment, gives him an excellent overview that reflects his approach that is both pragmatic and empathetic.
A sports enthusiast, Me Chabot has a keen interest in karate and soccer. People in vulnerable situations are a cause that he holds particularly dear to his heart.
Assistant: Guylaine Deveau
- Labor and employment law (competition and duty of loyalty, federal labor law, human rights, pay equity, pay equity, occupational health and safety funding, collective bargaining, collective labor relations, individual labor relations, occupational health and safety)
- LL.B., Université Laval (1997)
- B.A. in industrial relations, Université Laval (1994)
- Cain Lamarre, Quebec City (2012 to present)
- Norton Rose, Quebec City
- Ogilvy Renault, Quebec City
- Flynn Rivard, Quebec City
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Labor and employment law conferences, notably for Thompson Reuters
- Taught courses on labor law, workplace accidents, occupational diseases, and negotiation at the Quebec Bar School
Associations, committees, boards
- Active member, liaison committee for the Quebec Bar and the Conférence des arbitres
- Member, Ordre des CRHA et CRIA du Québec
- Former member, board of directors, Moisson Québec (previously)
- Former vice-chair, board of CHSLD Basse-Ville-Limoilou-Vanier (now known as Centre de Santé Québec-Sud) (previously)
- Former chairman, Fondation Monseigneur de Saint-Vallier (previously)
- Best Lawyers (2021)
- Occupational Health & Safety expertise recognized in Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (since 2016)