Expertise : construction law | agricultural and agri-food law | real estate law | bankruptcy and insolvency | litigation
T 418 522-4580
F 418 529-9590 T 819 554-6666
F 819 780-1341
500 Grande Allée Est, Suite 1
Québec, Québec G1R 2J7
T 418 522-4580
F 418 529-9590
4050 rue Laval, Suite 202
Lac-Mégantic, Québec G6B 1B1
T 819 554-6666
F 819 780-1341
Hotline: 367 777-0803
Me Richard has been acting as a strategic advisor, negotiator and litigator for his commercial clientele for nearly 20 years. His efficiency and transparency in conducting cases allow him to offer his clients a personalized approach and customized legal solutions based on solid knowledge.
Me Richard works in the field of commercial, residential and institutional construction. On this subject, he has been a speaker on numerous occasions, notably on industry best practices, to construction associations and is an accredited trainer. In addition, Me Richard has led various major cases, particularly in matters of shareholder litigation, dismissal of senior executives, interpretation and contractual responsibilities, and the enforcement of security and insolvency.
His team, composed of members from different sectors of the firm (business, financing, insurance, insolvency, relations and occupational health and safety, etc.), allows him to adequately advise his clients in the advancement of their projects.
At Cain Lamarre since 2008, Me Richard serves clients throughout the province. He is particularly active in the Quebec City, Beauce-Appalaches and Mégantic regions where he has made a name for himself by participating in numerous associations, committees and local boards of directors.
His clientele consists of industry, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers in the construction field, financial institutions, municipalities and agricultural producers.
A skillful litigator, Me Richard also holds the attestation of the Advocacy Improvement Program of Université de Sherbrooke awarded in 2009 by the Continuing Education Department of the Quebec Bar. Active and sporty, Me Richard loves to train. He is also a movie lover. Among the causes in which he is involved, the one of children in difficulty particularly affects him.
Assistant: Valérie Gagnon
- Construction Law
- agricultural and agri-food law
- Real Estate Law
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Head, professional committee on construction
- Ethics and deontology advisor, Ministère des Affaires municipales, des Régions et de l'Occupation du territoire
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke (2002)
- Second language diploma, Bishop’s University (2001)
- Cain Lamarre, Saint-Georges (2008 to present)
- Bernier Beaudry Avocats, Saint-Georges
- Sylvain Parent Gobeil Avocats, Sainte-Marie
- Jérôme Poirier Avocat, Saint-Georges
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Taught “Labour relations: legislation and regulations” course to construction contractors
- Taught “Execution of construction work” course to construction contractors
- Various conferences on labor law and occupational health and safety given to employers
- Various presentations given to municipalities and RCMs
Associations, committees, boards
- Member, board of directors, Association des professionnels de la construction et de l'habitation du Québec - Région de Beauce-Appalaches (APCHQ)
- Member, board of directors, Centre universitaire des Appalaches
- Former member, board of directors, Kiwanis Club of Saint-Georges (previously)
- Former Chairman, Nouvelle-Beauce Chamber of Commerce (previously)
- Former member, Board of Directors, Maison de l'Odyssée (previously)
- Former member, Board of Directors, Association des transporteurs routiers Beauce-Appalaches/Mégantic-Amiante (previously)