T 514 393-4580
F 514 393-9590
Hotline: 514 787-3475
In addition to practicing law since 2010, Me Anne-Christine Boudreault holds a master's degree from the HEC, which she obtained with honours for her work on the Canadian tax treatment of intellectual property, from its development to its commercialization. Before joining the Montreal firm's Taxation Group and becoming a partner, she practiced her profession in a major accounting firm. This allowed her to develop a solid expertise in Canadian taxation, including the international and cross-border aspects of transactions, for a diversified clientele composed of public and private corporations and high net worth individuals.
She has expertise in business and real estate law and has developed a sub-specialty in real estate taxation, intellectual property and technology. Her practice is mainly focused on planning, tax consulting, setting up asset holding or business operating structures, as well as corporate reorganizations. Me Boudreault assists his clients in their projects, whether it be for the launch of their business, a new acquisition or legal advice on tax matters. In this context, she is called upon to draft various types of agreements and to represent her clients before federal and provincial tax authorities. She also advises them in matters of trust and estate planning.
Me Boudreault stands out for her ease with teamwork, her practical approach and her understanding of the business world. She favours proximity to her clientele through her involvement with tax organizations (proximity to accountants) and the ongoing maintenance of her tax expertise. She advocates tax efficiency through cutting-edge strategies that consider the reality of her clients and the economic reality. She is creative in the solutions she proposes.
It is said that she is a unifying person, good-natured, energetic, dynamic, efficient, and that she is not afraid to step out of her comfort zone. In addition, her transparency, flexibility, efficiency, approachability, team spirit and propensity to challenge the status quo are undoubtedly her major assets.
The daughter of a father who was a pilot in the Armed Forces, she spent her youth travelling around the province. This part of her life gave her an adrenaline rush and a great ability to adapt. She has a great interest in novelty and thrills, sports (racing, biking, hiking, cross-country skiing, alpine skiing), animals, wine, food and music.
The causes related to art, animals and sick children are particularly close to her heart. Indeed, she is very involved in the community and does not hesitate to give her time. Her motto in her image “Underpromise, Overdeliver!” can be summed up by always surpassing oneself.
- Business law
- Real estate law
- LL.M., HEC Montréal (2012)
- LL.B., Université de Montréal (2009)
- Completed studies in Chinese Law, China University of Political Sciences and Law, Beijing, China (2008)
- Cain Lamarre, Montreal (2014 to present)
- Deloitte, senior tax consultant, Montreal
- International Bridges to Justice, Geneva, Switzerland
- Robic, Montreal
- Bombardier Aerospace, Montreal
Lecturing, conferences, publications
Various conferences, including:
- Taxation of Intellectual Property, Canadian Tax Foundation (2018)
- Taxation in the digital age (Legal.it-2018 conference)
- Taxation in the Digital Age, University of Montreal (2018)
- Impacts of tax reform on incorporated professionals, private clients (2018)
- Tax planning for private companies, private clients (2018)
- Canadian Taxation of Intellectual Property, Seminar on Taxation and Intellectual Property organized by the Canadian Tax Foundation (2012)
Various Canadian Tax Foundation publications for Cain Lamarre, etc.
Associations, committees, boards
- Member, Jeune McCord committee
- Co-chair, Steering Committee, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member of various committees including the Deloitte Women’s Initiative and the Ballets Jazz de Montréal new talent committee
- Volunteer work, International Bridges to Justice
- Member, Swiss–Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Honorable mention for her master's degree with work aimed towards the tax treatment of intellectual property from its development to its commercialization
- Academic achievement awards for each semester completed (HEC Montréal)